How much water should I drink in a day? Try Distilled Water When Trying to Lose Weight
Steve recently tweeted about a new study that finds drinking a full glass of distilled water when you wake up as well as before each meal can help a person lose up to 6 pounds per month. How much water should I drink in a day to lose weight? That depends on the water itself. The key is in the water being distilled. Find out more in by reading on…
The ZimFit Team did some research and found an interesting article on the website eHow giving us some great explanations of why distilled is so critical in this weight loss process. The most important reason is that by using distilled water, you take away all the contaminants like chlorine, carbon and aluminum sulfate that are added to adjust the pH levels or eliminate cloudiness. These impurities can impede your body’s cell functions. By boiling the water (steam distilled) the steam creates a condenser of pure water leaving the contaminant behind in the boiled water.
Check out the eHow article on How to Lose Weight Fast by Distilled Water for more information on getting started. Keep up with the ZimFit program and enjoy watching those pounds come off!
How to Lose Weight Fast by Drinking Water
By Contributing Writer, eHow Contributor
If you are looking to lose weight quickly by drinking water, there are tips available to help you do it properly and effectively. Consistent water intake is critical in weight loss because a high volume of water present in your cells allows them to push out fat and toxins stored within them. Learn what kind of water is best to help you lose weight and what kind of diet you should have to support your goals. It’s not difficult, but it does require resolution on your part to do it. Have a question? Get an answer from a doctor now!
Things You’ll Need
- Steam distilled water
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- The most important part of this process is, of course, having plenty of water and the right kind of water available. Some of the best water you can possibly drink is steam distilled. This has shown to have many more benefits than tap, mineral, fluoridated or spring water. The logic is simple. Water sources other than steam distilled are treated to kill impurities, then substances like chlorine, carbon and aluminum sulfate are added to adjust pH levels or to eliminate cloudiness. All of these factors further bog down your body’s cells rather than help them function properly. Steam distilled water is different. In the distillation process, water is boiled and the steam created is trapped into a condenser. The condensed steam is the water you drink. The contaminants are left behind in the water that was boiled.
- You’ve heard that you should drink 8 to 10 8-oz. glasses of water per day. The better rule is to drink your body weight in ounces. If you weigh 120 pounds, drink 120 ounces per day. You notice that amount is almost double the standard of 8 to 10 glasses. The first few days, your body will notice the difference. You’ll be going to the bathroom more, but eating less. Processing that much water keeps your stomach and cells occupied and you’re not as hungry.
- Make your eating habits “goal-friendly.” If you consume lots of high-fat, processed or fried foods, you will definitely slow the weight loss process down. Your digestive system has to work very hard to break down these types of foods. Eat at least two raw meals/snacks a day. The live enzymes in raw food are used to break the food down on its own, without calling on your stomach’s enzymes for assistance. One raw meal or snack could simply be an apple. Your second raw meal could be a salad. Then you’ve accomplished your daily goal. Plus, there’s water in raw fruits and vegetables, so that’s a bonus.
- Keep up this pace for two weeks. Eat as much food as you like–just try to keep your diet balanced. The focus here is on the water. If you are consistent in your water intake, you will notice that your elimination will improve, you will be less bloated and you should lose at least 5 lb.
- Let this behavior start a new lifetime habit. Keep steam distilled water with you wherever you go: the car, office, gym or home. You will keep excess weight off and feel great.